- Some terms to consider.
- What personal data do we collect and use?
- Why do we use personal information about you?
- What does the law say about it?
- Do you have to provide us with the personal information we have requested?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Do we communicate the information to third parties?
- Do we communicate personal data outside the European Union?
- What are your rights?
- What happens to data security when using Web VIP Tech Job Project systems?
- IP address and cookies.
- How can you contact us?
- How do we manage the changes in this Policy?
First, this web application will allow users to share and view content related to job opportunities suitable for blind or visually impaired people, in an accessible way. In addition, blind or visually impaired people may share job opportunities that they consider interesting for the rest of the users; And, of course, they can submit their job applications quickly and easily.
You can create your applicant account and get access to all the resources and job offers available within the web application.
Companies can publish their job offers, receive job applications and find the best user among resumes uploaded to the web application.
We have also developed a free online training platform to try to help people with visual disabilities (VIP) and blind people to better use the tools available on the Internet, and teach them how to sell themselves, with the main objective of obtaining an interview. The platform is free to use and includes important information on legislation, resources and much more in the EU and, in particular, in the countries of the project partners: Belgium (Views International), Italy (Aforisma Toscana and Istituto Rittmeyer) and Spain (Docete Omnes Foundation).
Finally, this Policy refers to information about people, such as you or your family. It includes information about you, but also your opinions and what you have expressed (for example, “professional experience, additional information, CV description”). It may not be personal information (although sometimes both may occur). This type of information is sometimes referred to as “Personal Information”, “Personal Data” or “Identified or Identifiable Person Information” although, throughout this Policy, we use the term “Personal Information”.
The personal information that the project collects includes, among others, the following data:
- Your name, birth data, contact and training data (studies, courses, practices …), identity document, work permit and any other type of information that you may have included in your CV.
- If you register in our portal using LinkedIn or any other social network; Profile data.
- If you contact us, we can maintain evidence of such communication.
- Any information that you provide us when you use our forms “Applicant account”, “Company account”). Specifically, name, surname and email. The provision of your personal information through these forms is not a mandatory or contractual requirement. However, fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory because we need this information to complete your request. Other information that you share with us by completing these forms is at your discretion.
- We also collect information about visits to the website / Portal, including, but not limited to, the IP address, browser used, location, country, entries on the page and other data communications and sources accessed. This information will make your visit to our website or Portal easier in the future.
- You can attach your photograph (although it is not mandatory to attach it).
- Data on possible disabilities or adaptations that we must make in the workplace.
- On some occasions, when allowed, we will also collect sensitive personal data.
The project collects and processes personal information to:
- Provide you with the services you expect, such as finding a job, helping you through training or facilitating the process to apply for a job position. This includes sending your CV to potential employers for their corresponding evaluation and keeping you informed of future vacancies available by mail, phone, email or other means of communication.
- To carry out statistical and analytical studies and research, for example, to compare the effectiveness of the assignments / hiring of Users between different business sectors and geographical areas, as well as to search for or identify factors that may influence the differences found.
- Communicate data to third parties (see below).
- When necessary, comply with legal obligations.
- We may also use the information to:
- Promote the security and protection of people, facilities, systems and goods.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Manage communications and other systems used by Web VIP Tech Job Project (including internal contact database).
- Research and manage incidents and claims.
- Comply with the obligations and rights, as well as cooperate with any investigations carried out by the police, courts, regulators, etc.
We are required by law to treat your personal data through any of the legal bases that allow it.
When you are working with, or through the Web VIP Tech Job Project, the process we carry out for these purposes is based on the fact that the process is necessary for the execution of a contract in which the interested party is a party, the process is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation applicable to the person in charge of the process or in which the process is necessary to satisfy the legitimate interests of Web VIP Tech Job Project in the exercise of its right and in that of its partners to be able to develop a project that does not entail damage to your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. When the afore mentioned process is necessary for the satisfaction of the interests of the project, we ensure that it is done in such a way that it compensates for any individual interest. Outside of the above assumptions, we only deal with your personal information through your consent.
Although you are not obliged to provide us with personal information, if you do not provide it to us we will not be able to help you and we will not be able to provide you with any service.
Web VIP Tech Job Project can keep your personal information for a maximum period of 3 years since the last interaction with us was registered or made. If you find employment with us, the project will have to keep personal information for a longer period to comply with the legal and contractual obligations that follow and in a statistical way.
As indicated above, we normally communicate your information to third parties. The purpose is to be able to achieve the objectives already indicated and we do it under the following circumstances:
- To our suppliers. For example, we may hire a provider to perform administrative tasks or operational work in support of our relationship with the User. The provider (s) will be subject to contractual and legal obligations to preserve the confidentiality of the data and protect the privacy and will only have access to the data necessary for the development of their functions: the most relevant providers are, in general, those of computer systems (who host or support our computer systems, which include information about you).
- To fellow members of the VIP Web Project Tech Job Project in other countries within the European Union; Different partners of the VIP Web Tech Job Project Group perform different functions and, as a result, your information can be shared with them for different purposes:
- To our potential employers: we will share the information about you with those who offer jobs or offers in which you may be interested, or with those companies that are interested in your profile. The foregoing are subject to contractual and confidential obligations in relation to the data they receive.
- We will share the information with those with whom, such as the Administration, regulators or security forces and bodies, among others, we understand that we are legally bound, authorized or deemed necessary to do so.
User information can be transferred and processed in one or more countries, within the European Union, and which are formed by the countries to which the partners belong and which are: Belgium (Views International), Italy (Aforisma Toscana and Istituto Rittmeyer) and Spain (Docete Omnes Foundation).
- Right to access and obtain a copy of personal information. You have the right to request information about whether we treat any personal information about you. If so, you can access your personal information (via the Portal) and certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information.
- Right to rectify personal information. In case you show that the personal information we have about you is incorrect, you may require us to update or correct that information. In any case, we encourage you to access the Portal and update personal information directly.
- Right to leave or delete information.
- On certain occasions, you will have the right to request that we cease the processing of your personal information or that such information be deleted. The application can be submitted at any time and it will be Web VIP Tech Job Project who evaluates and substantiates whether your application should be granted. However, this right is subject to the legal requirements or obligations that may exist for which we have to retain your information. For those cases in which, according to the standard, we determine that the request for cancellation of the data must be granted, Web VIP Tech Job Project will do so without incurring unnecessary delays. It must be taken into account that once the information is deleted, the project will not be able to continue helping you for the mentioned purposes. In case you want to register again with the project, it will be necessary to provide the information again.
- Right to object. To the extent that the processing carried out by the project of the personal data that we have about you is based on the legitimate interest of the same (and there is no other basis for the processing) or refers to marketing actions, you. You will be entitled to oppose, for reasons related to your particular situation, the processing of your data project.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can access your profile on the Portal or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you contact to exercise the afore mentioned rights, the project may ask you to identify yourself properly before you can proceed to the request. Finally, indicate that you have the right to file a claim with the competent authority in matters of data protection of the place of your residence or work, or in that place where you consider that an incident related to your personal information has occurred.
You are responsible for keeping the access data to your Portal secure, specifically the password provided or chosen. These access data are for the exclusive use of the User, not being able to share them or the rest of your account details with any person.
For any questions or concerns related to this Policy, to expand information on how we protect the information (for example, when we make transfers outside the EU) and / or to contact the Data Protection Delegate and the corresponding local responsible for Privacy, you can send an email to the following address: email@example.com
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We will publish any change of relevance through the necessary notices, either on the website or by contacting us through the channels that are appropriate.