Description of the Job Offer
The Job Description
Together with a team of world-class experts, you analyze, prototype and develop critical software tools used to support the safe movement of trains across the world. As such:
- You report to the Software Director.
- You are the counterpart of the software safety team, ensuring all assets required by tool qualification activities are delivered in a timely manner, with the proper content.
- You interact with the front-line teams to keep a close understanding of our customers' needs and answer questions that are raised during presales activities.
- You collect your internal client's needs
- You design, develop and test tools (front end: GUI - UX) dedicated to the development, analysis and testing of critical systems. Tools range from IDE to simulators and workflow management.
- You actively participate to design and prototyping sessions.
On the side
- You propose new technology to be used and deployed at the signaling company. As such, you carry out the necessary benchmarks and cost / benefit analysis.
- You participate to a watch of software technological trends and cascade this awareness to the entire organization.
You are ideally based in Brussels, Belgium, or willing to relocate.
- You have a Master degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science.
- You have 4+ years experience in delivering software projects.
- You work in autonomy (management of your tasks), but with a clear team mindset (put your tasks in the company context and under guidance and decisions of your N+1. You admit that you can be wrong when a team member has a better idea)
- You are a user interface designer.
- You are fluent with Agile development techniques (such as but not limited to TDD, CI/CD, SCM using GIT, etc.)
- You are fluent with Python, C, C# or similar languages.
- You are a hacker. You were born with a keyboard in your hands, and can navigate in any code. You are comfortable going up and down the abstraction ladder. For you, working on low-level C code can be as exciting as tuning a neural network.
- You enjoy to go “hands on” when needed. You revere competence, whatever the task considered may be.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
Considered a plus
- A familiarity with model based systems is a plus.
- You are familiar with the requirements for developing critical software products, ideally in railway, and have ideally participated in such development.
- You are familiar with cloud technology like Azure, AWS API, influx DB, etc.
- You have experience in the development of full Web full stack (e.g. Django, CSS, JS, HTML, CMS)
- You have experience in the development of real-time distributed systems, preferably in railway, automotive or aerospace industry.
FunctionIT / Internet, ICT Engineer
Contact details for applications
You need a free applicant account to be able to apply for this job offer from our web app. Click here to create your applicant account or login with your existing applicant account. Alternatively, you can apply by following the link below
Published by VIPTJ-Aggregator. Originally found at: URL of the original publication
More job offers like this one