Description of the Job Offer
We are seeking: COO – Energy Management - Engineer – Operational management of international projects – People management - Permanent contract - full-time – Louvain-la-Neuve.
Founded in Belgium in 2002, DAPESCO (www.dapesco.com) is a consulting firm specialising in support to major players in various sectors (industrial, retail, banking, hospitals, public, etc.), across all challenges relating to energy optimisation. DAPESCO offers a comprehensive energy management software platform that enables us to work on the technical, organisational, financial and environmental aspects of energy at the same time. By combining Artificial Intelligence with automated consumption monitoring, DAPESCO is able to reduce many organisations’ environmental impact.
Located in Louvain-la-Neuve and present in France and Canada, DAPESCO currently employs around twenty people and has a turnover of nearly two and a half million euros. DAPESCO has just partnered with the French Group METRON which is also an expert in energy efficiency and the improvement of industrial performance. With its 9 subsidiaries and 150 employees, the METRON group is active internationally and supports the energy efficiency of 100 international industrial groups. This partnership will enable both organisations to strengthen and extend their support to large industrial and tertiary companies in decarbonising their activities.
To handle the strong growth from this union, our client, DAPESCO-METRON GROUP would like to employ the services of a:
Head of Operations - EMS (energy management system) – EN/FR
Reporting directly to the CEO and in coordination with the METRON group director of operations, you will build a team that is active on different continents and manage its development in order to deliver a digital energy management platform to clients that is adapted to their needs.
Your main tasks:
- You will oversee the growth of your department increasing from seven application engineers to around twenty people based in Louvain-la-Neuve as well as in the group’s subsidiaries on all continents. You will plan and recruit these application engineers and take part in the creation of new subsidiaries in the different regions of the world;
- You will manage this team, support it and coach it in the field to accelerate their learning curve;
- You will manage all the projects and keep them on the right track by analysing the risks, reorganising the priorities and establishing a healthy and effective relationship with the client;
- You will guarantee the maximum efficiency and profitability of the projects and your department;
- You will communicate with management on the status of ongoing and future projects to determine the key priorities and handle the factors of execution risk;
- You will collaborate actively with all the project teams, from sales to operations, to ensure that all the client’s requirements are met;
- You will establish the organisation’s continuous improvement processes to increase performance (speed of execution, cost reduction and client satisfaction) and thereby become the best department in your category;
- You will support the salespeople and partners to convince prospective clients and design a suitable sales proposal;
- You will collaborate with the functional leaders on the implementation of operational strategies and goals.
- You have a master’s in a technical discipline: civil or industrial engineer, etc.
- You are proficient in an object-oriented programming language.
- You have solid experience (at least 7 years) in a technical role in project/operations management (Energy Manager or Energy Consultant) in the energy and building energy efficiency field, preferably within an engineering firm or process integrator.
- This field experience will be supplemented by 3 to 5 years’ experience in team management, preferably in an international environment.
- You have solid skills in leadership, communication and cross-departmental collaboration. Ideally you have already recruited and managed teams internationally.
- You have in-depth knowledge of energy systems, IPMVP, ISO 50001 and data modelling.
- You are results focused, have a very good analytical mind, are able to manage urgent tasks if necessary and can handle pressure while maintaining a very good team spirit.
- You are positive, constructive and charismatic and able to promote projects for all their stakeholders (internal and external) while being a source of proposals and creating enthusiasm.
- Fluency in French and English is required and Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage.
- You are flexible and open to travelling abroad up to a maximum of 25% of your time.
- A key, strategic role that makes sense within an organisation that is certain to grow exponentially in the short and long term.
- The opportunity to join an SME in the international scale-up phase, a major player that is recognised in the energy management sector.
- The possibility to play a very active role in the deployment of a solution that contributes to one of humanity’s major challenges.
- A broad spectrum of responsibility in an international work context focused on a more sustainable future.
- A work atmosphere that encourages listening and respect, with motivated and committed teams within an employer that advocates the following values: passion, innovation and efficiency.
- A pleasant working environment that is easy to access.
- A permanent contract and a salary package in line with your experience.
Ref. 545-012 (2021)
Your application will be processed quickly and in confidence. habeas is managing this assignment exclusively.
FunctionIT / Internet, Project Manager, Direction / Management, Directeur opérationnel, Direction / Management - général, Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production, Ingénieur civil, Ingénieurs - général, Technique / Production / Maintenance industrielle, Operations Manager, Chef de projet
Contact details for applications
You need a free applicant account to be able to apply for this job offer from our web app. Click here to create your applicant account or login with your existing applicant account. Alternatively, you can apply by following the link below
Published by VIPTJ-Aggregator. Originally found at: URL of the original publication
More job offers like this one